Monday 18 October 2010

A question about sizing

Hey, I'm just wondering about a few things to do with size choices. I know we should be working bigger, and then reducing, but what if drawing stuff at a larger size reduces the ability to draw to your normal standard? I've never worked at A3, or only very rarely, and it seems that I'm incapable of drawing as well as I would be if I were to draw the same thing on A4. I'd like to know if I should continue on with the A3, or work on A4, which is what looks better.

Thanks, and sorry if the question was badly phrased, I wasn't quite sure how to word it.

4 comments:

saint said...

i have the same problem but as everyone else has told me since first year it must be in a3 i think its because alot of people cant do detail well in a4 and need more space to do it i sympathise i mainly work with fine liners so in a3 it takes the piss to do detailed scences on such a large area, i've just resorted to bigger pens and different shading techniques thats all the help i can be im afraid uni like the rest of the world is size obsessed

Ofelia-Dawn said...

Ah, guess I'll have to get used to it, lol. Thanks though! I guess the only time A4 is gonna be appropriate is if it's reduced down to manga size or something.

Chiu said...

you can work any size you like, as long as the format is correct and it reproduces at published size in a way that you are happy with! It's just a lot of people are happy with the A3 to A4 reduction process

Ofelia-Dawn said...

Thanks, Chiu. I've changed my mind about a few ideas, so whichever one I go with, I'll check the best format for it. Thanks again.