Wednesday 19 August 2009

Experimentation


I was looking back at work that I'd done from studying Thomas Ott and thought there was still lots of room for exploration such as:

using lines to draw an image, which I'd previously touched upon with both the 'viruses' and 'crash & burn' ink soup's with biro and white pencil crayon.

I thought it would be interesting to see what sort of result I got with ink pen and if the lines made would add or take anything away from the tonal quality and depth of an image.

1 comment:

Chiu said...

sometimes I feel there is a danger that you are falling into the deviant art admiration society - not really a concern of mine, as I am more interested in the design learning outcomes - fair enough you do talk about contrast, but I think you could explore the "design" aspect of your work rather more than you do - as studies as opposed to finished renditions