Tuesday 27 September 2011

Last bit of lettering...

Morning people! After the meeting yesterday, and due to the deadline for submissions, I'm looking at lettering my beauty and the beast pages before getting too stuck into writing scripts. What would be helpful would be some opinions on said lettering, I've tried digital fonts, calligraphy nibs and brushes. I know which I prefer, i'd just like some other input before going ahead on the final pieces.

This is the digital lettering, the font being an edited open source typeface found on the internet. 

Calligraphy Nibs. I followed http://www.blambot.com/handlettering.shtml This tutorial thing on filing down a nib I didn't often use. It does give the letters a nice quality.

Finally brushes. Apart from the 'o' in Know, the freedom of weighting of a brush led to a nice mix of formality found in the calligraphy nibs, and the rather artificial looking digital type.

3 comments:

Saif Abuzahra said...

I do like the last one best. Least liked for me would be the digital font, it looks and feels a tad weird.

Vernon ZW Lee said...

To me the hand written one seems a bit too inconsistent, it doesnt look as appealing as the digital. But the digital font in my opinion isnt very legible, or easy to read. But i still prefer the digital one

Luke Kennedy said...

Wow didn't know that they file down the nibs to do lettering! I prefer the nib one to the brush one the digital lettering is my least favourite!